1e1 English (Distanzunterricht/Wechselunterricht)
Wechselunterricht ab 12.4.2021: Communication and Media
- As this is a rather demanding, abstract and complex topic I’ll change a few things:
- While at home please work on the complete text comprehension exercise – this may take between 4 and 6 individual lessons (= the rest of April)
- While at school we’ll read an excerpt of one of the groundbreaking works of communication theory and try apply the theory in practice.
Wechselunterricht ab 15.3.
- Group 1: Anders – Leitz, at school on 19/3, 25/3
- Group 2: Lutter – Walser, at school on 18/3, 24/3, 26/3
- Lessons 13 – 16: Arts and recovery from diseases (please click here to see your assignments while at home!)
- Lessons 17/18 (Friday, 26/3): Who the f… is Karen?
Some basics - Distanzunterricht
- Please note that you will have to work on two topics per week, which roughly equals 4 lesson, but of course that also depends on your individual pace- In any case: take your time and work reliably and thoroughly.
- The Links to each topic will be active every Wednesday morning the latest … and you do know the password (it will be changed once a month)
- When working from home please take this seriously as it will be essential for your Kolloquium: download the texts, work on all the tasks (including the Listening Comprehension exercises) and compare your findings with my model solutions.
- The Skype chatroom as well as the Teams channel are online and can be used for questions at any time!
- We will also have a mandatory video conference in our Teams Channel every Friday
- The motto for the next weeks is: Don’t panic (and never forget where your towel is)!
- Howto: transforming your homework into a digital file in the right format (so I can correct it on my iPad) HA-Format
Q11/1 - 3. George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion
- Please get the following edition of Pygmalion and read it through over the holidays: Pygmalion
- If you’re lucky, you might be able to watch the Hollywood version of the musical based on Pygmalion (called “My fair Lady“) on TV some time during the holidays
- For those who are into reeeeeaally old movies, there is a quite okay-ish 1938 version of the original drama on Youtube!
- Very important: the questions and answers in the individual lessons make up your “Hefteinträge”, please do not skip that!
Week 6: February 15 – 19
So we’ve finished reading and analysing Pygmalion … not quite:
Please watch the Hollywood version of Pygmalion during the Non-Carnival holidays and compare it to the original. The following points are of particular interest:
- Which scenes have been omitted and what scenes have been added – why?
- “My fair Lady” is a musical – are the songs a nuisance?
- Do you prefer the drama or the musical?
- How three-dimensional are the characters in the musical?
- What do you think about the end of the usical? Does it do justice to GBS’ ideas?
Link: My Fair Lady
Week 5: February 8 – 12
Week 4: February 1 – 5
Week 3: January 25 – 29
Lesson 12 (Friday)
Common people (song)
This is an online-lession
, we’ll meet at 10.35 am in our Teams channel
But first download the worksheet from the website and print it out!
Week 2: January 18 – 22
Week 1: January 11 – 15
Q11/1 - 2. Politics in the UK and the USA
- Lesson 1/2: Wednesday, 9/12/2020 + Thursday, 10/12/2020 – Political System UK, pts. 2+3
- Lessons 3/4: Friday, 11/12/2020 – The great Fracturing (text + Listening Comprehension)
- Lessons 5/6: Wednesday 16th/Thursday 17th December 2020 – The Price of being uncool (text House of Lords + Listening Comprehension)
- Lessons 7/8: Friday, 18/12/2020 – The coronation should be secular (text)
Winter holiday grammar extra: